Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"Nazis? Do I look like a failed artist with a neurotic grudge against his father and the world? I am a force of nature, boy. I am Magneto."

Following recently revived Mutant-hysteria, caused in no small part by the brilliant X-men: First Class, inspire me to spread word about the excellent "Ultimate X-men" run. A re-imagining of the X-men franchise, first launched in 2001 by seasoned writer Mark Millar (Kick-Ass, Civil War among others). Above is Magneto as seen in the crossover "Ultimate War" as he lays down the law to The Ultimates, the re-imagined Avengers. If you've got a renewed interest in the X-men franchise but have a hard time going back to the old Uncanny X-men originals from yesteryear, then this is the place to start.

3 comments:

  1. I really need to check them out. Everything with Magneto gets me going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuck thats an epic picture btw!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's difficult not to draw him as epic! But yes, this one is particulary badass.

    ReplyDelete